Payment System Protection Program
The Payment System Protection Program (PSPP) is a service that detects illegal or BRAM/GBPP violating websites facilitating payments via MasterCard and Visa. The program is concentrating on the below areas:
- Rape/Violence Content
- Child Abuse Content
- Bestiality Content
- IP Violating Content
- Illegal Pharmaceuticals
- Illegal Tobacco and Alcohol
- Illegal Gambling
- Counterfeit Goods
On an ongoing and daily basis the internet is screened by the Web Shield Crawling Engine in regard of websites with content violations that offer Visa and MasterCard payments. The identified websites are then analysed by the Web Shield Team and a test purchase (ghost shopping) is conducted.
If the payment is authorised, the system identifies the associated merchant acquirer or internet payment service provider and immediately notifies him via email about the findings including the full proof of the test purchase, the screenshots and the associated billing descriptor.
Participating with the Payment System Protection Program is very easy. Besides of a monthly fee a fee is only charged, if a true hit has been identified. The system offers a lot of benefits for you:
- Easy Setup – No integration or data transfer is required. After returning the contract and choosing your monitoring areas, we will begin including you in the alert process.
- Immediate Notification – If one of your merchants has been identified for facilitating illegal or brand violating payments the email alert will be provided immediately.
- Full Details – Receive all the details of the test transaction including screenshots of the purchase, the identified website, the MID and the merchant descriptor (billing descriptor).
- No Data Sharing – All details of the test transaction and the results remain only between Web Shield and you.
- Low Costs – Compared to a non-compliance notification the costs are less than 4 % and will only be charged if an unknown website has been discovered and the test purchase hit one of your merchant accounts.
Contract and fees
As a member of the PSPP, you and Web Shield will form a contractual agreement. The transparent pricing model is based on a monthly fee and a one-time fee for each incident alert (the alert includes the identified website, screenshots of the purchase, the associated billing descriptor, MCC coding and more).
For pricing details please contact: compliance ( at ) webshieldltd.com
InvestiGate Empowers Your Risk Team
Compliance is hard, but with InvestiGate, it becomes easier than ever before. As an on-boarding hub that gathers all risk intelligence in one place, it helps you evaluate a merchant’s […]
Web Shield DeepScreen released
Mastercard Clarifies their Rules: Member Areas Have to Be Screened Screening for website content that is forbidden per credit card association rules has always been the most basic building block […]
Web Shield Academy
- ADVANCED High-Risk Underwriter (WSA) in Warsaw, Poland
- 26. Oct 2017 - 27. Oct 2017