Certified High-Risk Underwriter (WSA)
Date(s): 07. Oct 2015 - 09. Oct 2015
Duration: 09:00 - 17:00
Web Shield Services GmbH
The high-risk acquiring business is rapidly emerging as an interesting possibility to provide strong, profitable relationships with a wide range of businesses, and to acquire new markets and new customers.
Gain the knowledge to handle the problems involved in the high-risk area and become a „Certified High-Risk Underwriter (WSA)“. This certification course will cover the below areas:
- Fundamentals of the Credit Card Business, Scheme Regulation and Programs
- Introduction to Merchant Acceptance and Underwriting
- Financial and Reputational Risks, Online Investigation Techniques
- IPSP and Payment Facilitator Compliance
- Research with SHIELD, Case Studies and Exam
This five day certification course will cover all relevant topics needed to underwrite high-risk applications.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the key aspects of the merchant acquiring business, within the context of the card payments industry and describe the key functional areas within the merchant acquiring business,
- Understand the key risks associated with the acquiring business
- Understand all the major fraud types and how they can be mitigated
- Assess all Web Shield’s investigation and monitoring tools and functionality
- Understand the risks of the e-commerce arena
- Recognise the risks associated with high-risk merchants
- Understand the various fraud and non-compliance types and the techniques used to combat them
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone new to merchant acquiring or the cards business, employees moving into an underwriting role, or those that need a fast-track introduction/refresher to high-risk merchant underwriting.
Individuals who work at organisations that are considering entering the merchant acquiring business would also benefit from this course.
The course is made up of Web Shield presentations but also practical exercises to reinforce the key learnings.
Bookings are closed for this event.